The tabs at right will walk readers through designing a teacher-led, job-embedded professional learning system. They include:
- Descriptions of teacher-leadership roles that some school districts have developed
- Information on skills and competencies teacher-leaders need to lead collaborative teams focused on achieving improved instruction and positive student impact
- Descriptions and links for well-regarded national teacher-leader training programs
- Suggestions on ways to find time during the school day for teacher-led job-embedded, collaborative development
- An overview of funding sources for on-the-job teacher leadership
- Research and resources on successful teacher leadership
- Resources on developing effective evaluation systems for teacher-leaders.